Graduate Application Instructions
Review Process1. Department of Geography's Graduate Admissions Committee reviews files individually after the January 30 deadline for submission.
2. Admissions Committee meets to discuss applicants and rank for funding.
3. Faculty members communicate their decisions on students requesting to work with them.
4. Graduate Secretary notifies the Graduate Admissions Office of applicants that should move forward in the screening process.
5. Graduate Admissions office screens applications for minimum GRE verbal and TOEFL scores if applicable as well as the 3.0. undergraduate GPA and completion of a Bachelor's degree.
6. If the Graduate Admissions approves of the application, only at that time is the student officially accepted in the program.
7. The Graduate Coordinator and Secretary draft and send letters of acceptance or rejection. Acceptance letters may also be accompanied by an offer of funding.
8. Please note that Geography cannot offer admission to any student UNTIL the Graduate Admissions office approves the application. We cannot and will not send letters out before this decision is made. Please be patient as nearly 25,000 applicants are screened each year by the Graduate Admissions Office - notification can take 2 weeks or more.
9. We will post a message on our website indicating that letters are beginning to be sent out. If your application clears the Graduate Admissions office quickly, you may receive your letter several days sooner than other students.
10. The earliest date at which you will likely receive correspondance from us regarding acceptance is March 1.
Graduate Coordinator: Dr. Corene Matyas email@example.com
Graduate Secretary: Desiree Price firstname.lastname@example.org