Application to the Department of Geography, University of Florida
Instructions to Department Electronic Application Form (EAF):
- Download Department "Electronic Application Form." (EAF). Immediately save it in Word as <your surname>.eaf.doc E.g. if your surname is Moran, you should save this as Moran.eaf.doc (rtf format is also acceptable for this and other files.)
- Fill out the information on the form. Write your answers to the right of the question. If the answer goes beyond the end of the line, simply continue on the next line.
- After completing the form, in a separate file you should write your Statement of Purpose. Save that as <your surname>.sop.doc E.g. Moran.sop.doc
- If you wish to include your CV then save an electronic version of your Curriculum Vitae as <your surname>.cv.doc.
- Email all three files as attachments to Ms. Desiree Price firstname.lastname@example.org . Format the Subject Line <your full name> application. Be sure to give your mailing address.
- Print out all three files – electronic application form, statement of purpose, and curriculum vitae -- and include them as hard copy in the application packet as well, which you will send to the department, along with the other materials listed on the application checklist. (You should not send these two files to the university admissions office.)
- You will have to repeat some of the information on the hard-copy application to the Admissions Office and to the Department. We are requesting it to expedite processing of your application. It is to your advantage to get these electronic files to us as quickly as possible, even if you are still awaiting transcripts, letters of recommendation, etc. (You should not send this until you have GRE scores.)
- We get many applications. We will therefore appreciate your care in following these instructions to facilitate organized processing.
In addition to these emails you will send:
- To the UF Office of Admission. See instructions at http://www.admissions.ufl.edu/grad/ for sending transcripts, GRE scores, residency information, application fee, and other matters.
- To the Geography Department.
- Duplicate copies of transcripts, GRE scores, TOEFL scores (if applicable).
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Print out of your Electronic Application Form, Statement of Purpose, and CV. (Do not send hard copy of writing samples.)